A working environment must always be kept clean and tidy. If your office is always messy, rest assured your working morale will suffer. Additionally, office furniture may be a host of various kinds of bacteria. In case you are wondering where these bacteria come from, think about the times you’ve had to eat lunch or drink coffee on your desk. The germs build up from these kinds of actions.
However, you can easily keep your workplace fresh and tidy by sticking to a thorough cleaning schedule by hiring professional Commercial Office Cleaning Services. The right cleaning solution should not leave any area of your office unattended. When it’s the reception area, the lobby, or the conference space, it should stay clean and presentable. Bear in mind, how you keep your office speaks volumes about your organization.
Thus, what if a full office cleaning routine entail?
Because of the daily activities that take place in the workplace, it is important to have it cleaned and checked before opening doors each morning. A daily cleaning regimen should deal with lobby, reception, and conference space since these sections are used most frequently. The list below must be used as your cleaning checklist to make certain the proper cleanliness criteria are fulfilled.
Daily Office Cleaning Routine Tasks:
- Make sure that all the office garbage cans have been emptied and their paychecks substituted. The garbage removed should be taken to the designated collection point.
- If your workplace has a carpet, it needs to be vacuum cleaned to prevent dust and dirt build-up.
- The dust has a habit of gathering in places that aren’t readily available and also settle on horizontal surfaces. Therefore, all of the flat surfaces should be dusted. Files, seats, windowsills, and all sorts of furnishings shouldn’t be left out.
- Coffee rings and other forms of tacky substances are typical on desk surfaces. Because of this, damp wiping cloths must be utilized to take out the dust which accumulates daily.
- It is very easy to ignore telephones. Nevertheless, a telephone is often utilized and accumulations of most germs. This is sometimes counterproductive to keeping workers healthy. Offices with dirty phones have a higher amount of workers calling in sick. See to it that all of the telephones in your office are washed daily.
- Hard surfaces flooring get the dirtiest, given that people step on them every day with shoes that take all sorts of dirt. These surfaces should be dust mopped with a treated dust mop.
- Flooring is easily soiled from the spillage of different liquids. This makes them sticky and messy. Damp mopping with the proper sanitizing solution is the most acceptable approach to clean hard floor surfaces. It should be done on a daily basis to avert a notorious build up.
- Employees, in addition to those who visit your workplace, are likely to leave fingerprints on the entryway, particularly on surfaces. The entryway must be regularly moist filtered along with the fingerprints removed.
- Most offices have been partitioned using glass. The glass readily spots whenever touched. Daily spot- cleaning is a necessity.
Following the daily cleaning routine, a review should follow to make sure that no area was left unattended.
Restroom Cleaning Duties:
Every office needs a clean bathroom. These are some of the things you should pay attention to when it comes to restroom cleanliness.
- The office restroom ought to be stocked with clean towels, hand soap, and cells constantly.
- The sanitary bins must be emptied and wiped with an appropriate disinfectant.
- Ensure that the mirrors are keenly cleaned and polished.
- Urinals and toilets are very sensitive concerning hygiene. They should be wiped and sanitized both inside and out.
- A disinfectant ought to be used to clean the toilet chairs and their covers to ward off germs.
- The basin must be carefully scoured and sanitized. This should be finished with bright polish work.
- Splash marks should be wiped in the walls in addition to the basins to prevent permanent staining.
The office’s restroom floors should be mopped, disinfected, and dried.
Lunch Break Cleaning:
A number of these daily office cleaning tasks should be repeated throughout the lunch break hour. This including:
- Mopping the lunch break room & kitchen floors.
- Emptying trash cans.
- Wiping countertops and tables & desk surfaces.
- Clean up the interior of microwaves and fridges to prevent any odor and bacteria build-up.
- Wash any left-over dishes.
- Clean up the coffee machine.
- Stock up on cups, utensils, napkins.
- Ensure the place is always clean, disinfected, and inviting for employees.
Weekly Cleaning Tasks:
For some offices, it is not possible to reach all regions in an office that requires cleaning daily. However, some of those tasks could be accommodated to be performed once a week:
- Clean up indoor cabinets.
- Floor waxing & cleansing.
- Deep cleaning.
- Clean any region cleaners can’t get every day.
Monthly Cleaning Tasks:
- Monthly cleaning ought to be thorough. Cleaners can machine scrub the surfaces and rinse. Then, a new end can be implemented to renew the decency of these regions.
- Carpets could be extracted so the surface below can be cleaned and maintained.
- Switches, door handles, and door frames must be wiped to remove fingerprints.
- All upholstered furniture ought to be vacuumed.
- The telephones which have probably been managed by different people should be moistly filtered and disinfected.
Benefits of maintaining a clean workplace environment
- Improved efficacy
A messy office is proven to interfere with the employee’s performance. It is distracting and excruciating. Furthermore, sometimes an employee may waste a lot of time looking for something in the office that is hidden in the clutter. Office cleanliness goes a very long way to ensuring efficiency.
- Reducing stress
Working may be stressful. More so in an untidy office. A clean office provides the employees with much-needed peace of mind as they go about their job.
A neat office makes a good impression on clients or any other person who may arrive inside for work-related factors.
If you religiously follow the aforementioned checklist to maintain your office, it is going to be always clean and welcoming. You will have a comfortable morale-boosting working environment.
Allied Facility Care is a complete facility care company. Allied specializes in janitorial, landscaping, and maintenance solutions.