You may think keeping a data center or server room functionally cool gets considerably easier when outdoor temperatures drop. In reality, cold weather brings a new set of challenges to data center cooling notably when trying to maintain one room trendy and all the surrounding rooms warm. Let us look specifically at the right alternative or cooling for the occupation.
Block the vents!
If the room is connected to the central heating and heating system, you may be tempted to obstruct the vents. Even though it may provide some immediate relief to the server area you will want to consult your facility manager or building engineer to make sure that you will not be unbalancing your central heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Based upon the plan of your system, this can function to reduce warm air, but it is also likely to increase energy consumption and operating costs.
Can be a CRAC response?
You may choose to explore installing an entirely independent system for the server room or data center. The bigger and more equipment-packed the room, the greater the demand for a dedicated computer room air conditioner (CRAC). A big-budget and a significant space can allow for a split, ductless cooling system, separate from the central air system. An independent cooling system ensures that the server space and surrounding spaces won’t need to fight to your thermostat settings on the principal system.
Spot Coolers could be the solution!
There’s great news, however! To start with, your data center could be able to tolerate a warmer temperature than you thought. A lot of upgraded equipment has been made to withstand high temperatures. Make sure you check out the instructions for data center cooling.
Considering you may not need to turn your server room or data center into a meat locker, a reliable, energy-efficient, and cost-efficient alternative for server room cooling is a mobile air conditioner. Spot coolers and portable air conditioners are cheap, take up little space, go where you need them (the trouble zones), and can easily be installed and maybe a cost-effective alternative for the further cooling needed in data centers and server rooms.
A spot cooler is a portable air that can be placed where you need it the most.
While energy costs continue to climb utility companies are frequently not able to provide all of the power that a plant, laboratory, hospital, or office complex may need. When conditions force your business to restrain capital expense, the situation for spot cooling gets more powerful – as spot cooling provides efficient, low-cost cooling which is easy on the bottom line.
For many businesses and companies, in a wide assortment of programs, spot cooler rental would be the reply to controlling both energy usage and capital expenditures. Spot cooling is a process of cooling overheated areas within a larger area, instead of providing general cooling employing a distant centrally controlled air-conditioning system. In operation, a place cooling system is a very efficient way of cooling people, processes, and equipment because it leads to a localized stream of cool air exactly where it is necessary. The notion of place cooling isn’t a new notion, but the use of Spot Coolers to accomplish localized cooling within work environments and equipment rooms is a powerful solution to many difficult cooling problems.
A Spot Cooler’s Procedure
- Air from the room is pulled in through the back or the side of the Device.
- The compressor accounts for removing the heat from the atmosphere. It pressurizes the refrigerant and that which was gasoline becomes a liquid.
- The liquid refrigerant then flows to the condenser, which allows heat to escape in the refrigerant through vents in the condenser casing. After the refrigerant concludes the coils, it’s cooler and in liquid form, but still under pressure.
- The metering device limits the flow of liquid refrigerant from the condenser to the evaporator. As the refrigerant passes through the metering device, its pressure decreases, causing it to evaporate into a gas.
- The atmosphere in the room cools after flowing cold refrigerant lines in the evaporator. This also eliminates water in the air, which reduces humidity.
- The ventilation system on the spot cooler can be used to eliminate heat, whereas the AC tubes direct air into the room that needs to be cooled.
As one of the simplest things about spot coolers is they are easy to install and reach to any place without any hassles.
Preferred Climate Solutions is owned and operated by HVAC veterans. We have over 17 years experience with portable heating and cooling systems, plus a lifetime of experience with Texas’ challenging climate. We provide an array of portable cooling and heating rental solutions 24/7. We have locations in Houston, Dallas/Ft Worth & Austin Texas.